I have been a firm believer in the #buildinpublic movement on Twitter for a while now. This is where instead of hiding under a rock to build a product, you build one in the open and share your progress in public. The progress, wins, losses - all of it without filter.
What I am doing
Starting today (Nov 21, 2021) I will also be sharing my progress on building products. Here is why I want to do this:
- When I was first starting out with coding, I had 0 idea what goes into building a product other than code. Now I know that there's a ton. I want to document all of it for the next curious lad taking his CS Algorithms course and planning to build something big.
- Self accountability. The only way to be better is to do something over and over again. That requires diligence. By recording my process I can learn to make it more efficient the next time around.
- Find a revenue generating product. SaaSBase is free and does not make any money. No money means I cannot reinvest and provide more value to SaaS Developers. I need to find a way to generate revenue. By building products over and over, I can figure out which one sticks.
- Network. It's fun to make friends and connections!
- Monthly Visitors to SaaSBase from 1.2k -> 3k
- $100 MRR on any product
- 140 -> 1000 followers on Twitter
12 Products in 12 Months
I will be building 12 products in 12 months. All of them will be hosted on saasbase.dev.
I plan to create a short video update + write up and post on SaaSBase and on Twitter.Didn't find this guide useful? Let me know